Thursday, May 14, 2009

First CPELink Webcast | May 12, 2009

By Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP | May 14, 2009

On May 12, 2009, I delivered my first ever pay-per-view webinar, and what a terrific experience it was!

I teamed up with Erhan Aksoy and Sue Anderson from CPELink, a California-based learning company that provides web-based continuing professional education (CPE) for accounting and financial professionals.

Erhan and Sue were superb in promoting the online event and arranging all the technical details of the webcast.

Between 9:00 am (PST) and 1:00 pm (PST), I presented my Advanced Internet Research Techniques seminar to 50 or so CPAs from the following organizations:

All participants received four hours of CPE credit for participating in the seminar. Their participation included correctly answering 16 polling questions that I asked throughout the online event.

The feedback to date far has been fantastic ... but don't take my word for it.

Here's what participants wrote in their evaluation of the webcast and their rating of the instructor (me!):

Garrett Wasny
Knowledge of Subject : 4.8 (out of 5)
Effective Presentation Skills : 4.2
Quality/Accuracy of Course Materials : 4.5
Relevance of Course Materials : 4.5

  • "This was the best on-line CPE session, I have every taken. The instructor was high energy, interactive, and relevant."

  • "This was a great class, I learned exactly what I was hoping to learn and more. Thanks!"

  • "A great presentation. A great topic of interest and timely presented."

  • "Very passionate about the internet. Interesting facts and videos were appreciated."

  • "Very good presentation. Garrett kept it very interesting!"

  • "This was a fabulous seminar."

  • "It's always enjoyable listening to an instructor who's passionate about the subject matter."

  • "This was one of he best and most relevant webinars someone can take. The presenter was passionate, interesting, and extremely knowledgeable. I learned so very much that I can take away and start using immediately!"

  • "Very informative and interesting. Great presentation. Good pace, and best class I have had at CPElink so far!!!"


Wow! A million thanks to all the attendees for your kind words. MUCH appreciated!

After this great response, Erhan and Sue at CPELink and I have decided to schedule more online seminars on the following dates:

May 27 | Open Source Business Tools for Accountants

July 1 | Social Media for Accountants

August 13 | Advanced Internet Research Techniques for Accountants

August 25 | Google Productivity Tools for Accountants

I invite all of you to participate in these upcoming sessions! I guarantee you'll learn hundreds of web productivity tips and techniques that you can put to work instantly in your professional and personal life. Plus, you'll get four hours of CPE credit.

How cool is that?

Talk soon.

Garrett Wasny

No comments: