Sunday, December 03, 2006

December 3 Mountain Bike Adventure


One of the great things about living in Vancouver is that you can go mountain biking year round. On Sunday, December 3 -- like I do most Sundays -- I pedalled my two-wheeler on the Seawall around Coal Harbour, Stanley Park, False Creek, Science World, Granville Island and back again. The mountain, forest and ocean views are simply spectacular and I never get tired of this experience even though I've done it hundreds of times.

The pic is a shot of me in Stanley Park just before I took a tumble from my bike. Vancouver got hit with a blast of snow this past week -- unusual for this time of year -- and the bike trail was covered with ice. Going down a short pitch, I lost control and went flying. Thankfully, I was moving slow so no damage was done (although I'm thankful I was wearing my helmet).

Rain or shine, cold or hot, mountain biking is one of my favourite pastimes, and I'm truly fortunate to be living in a city with so many fantastic year-round bike trails and cycling opportunities.

No comments: